Monday, January 18, 2016

WEEK-END WRAP UP


OLDEST SON JOE AND HIS SONS JEFFIE AND CODY ~ THEY
TOOK FAMILY TO MOUNTAINS YESTERDAY TO PLAY IN SNOW


I hope you all had a nice week-end because we sure did though we didn't really do anything out of the ordinary or exciting, lol.  Saturday we left here after a relaxing morning and drove out to the bigger Joannes to see if they had anything more to offer in the area of flannels.  The flannel was still on sale for sixty percent off, and honestly that's about the best you are going to do.  But after looking at the Joannes by me and basically not finding much at all that caught my eye I wasn't holding out much hope that this one would be much different.  And truthfully it just wasn't.  I am assuming that they are trying to clear out what flannel they have left [thus the sixty percent off] so that they can bring in the NEW flannel soon.  Or at least maybe that's what I am hoping for.  I DID manage to get a few new pieces, but nothing I was just in love with.  The problem is that the shower is really not that far away [sewing time wise that is] and I don't really have time to wait.  Sooo I guess I am going to dig into my stash to put together most of her burp cloths, and it is the old it is what it is.  Meanwhile I am waiting for the quilt fabric to arrive, as I do want to get going on that soon.  After Joannes we grabbed ourselves some lunch and then dropped by my oldest son's studio where he was just finishing up for the day.  He has recently bought even more boxing equipment and accessories and was glad to see us so he could show us around.  It was very impressive and I just couldn't be happier for him that all is going well right now.  In fact, he has the number 1 rated karate/kickboxing studio in all of the Inland Empire according to Yelp.  That may seem like a bragging mom's comment, but he has worked hard for MANY years and I am soo happy for him.  Sunday was church and an excellent message by Pastor Dave.  I ran into an old friend there that I haven't seen in several years and spent some time catching up with her after service.  Her son [who went to school with Melody] just graduated last June from Harvard Law and she was bursting at the seams.  I sure could imagine why.  After grabbing lunch again we went home and hubby spent the rest of the day watching his beloved football while I kept myself busy with one thing or another.  Like I said, not much of anything this week-end, but relaxing and good nonetheless.

As I type this it's already a little past noon and I have just finished my lunch.  I spent the morning making yet another baby blanket.  I have one more cut out and then I will be done with double sided self binded blankets [meaning there will be 5 all together] and will move on to burp cloths.  I love making the burp cloths anymore not only because they are quick and easy of course, but because I can play around with them some with embroidery and applique making them creative and pretty fun as well. My goal would be to have ALL of the blankets and burp cloths finished by the end of the week, and the fabric purchased that I need to begin working on the quilt next week.  We will see. Other then bible study tomorrow night I really don't have much more then some sewing and regular chores on my schedule for this week.

KIND OF DIFFERENT AND I DID LOVE THE COLORS AND KNOW ANNABEL WILL TOO

JUST ANOTHER VIEW

CLOSE UP ON THE BUTTERFLY DECORATIVE STITCH I USED TO FINISH 
So I guess that's it for now.  Hope you all have a good week!  Blessings to you all!
Debbie




7 comments:

  1. I love the colors in that blanket and sounded like a nice, relaxing weekend. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a pretty blanket and I love the decorative stitching! Hope your week is off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds as if it was a good weekend...quiet and relaxing. You love to sew and it shows. What a blessing for your granddauter to have all these pretty things for her baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's never bragging for a mom to talk about her kids; it's only repeating the facts! So you go ahead and share those good things/blessings. We other moms love hearing it. Hope the rest of your week is as good as the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the butterfly stitches, what a special little finish. You are such a blessing to your family and I know they must love receiving al your wonderful creations. Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the butterfly stitches, what a special little finish. You are such a blessing to your family and I know they must love receiving al your wonderful creations. Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your son's success! I think that gives your bragging rights!!! Love the new blankie! I am in a sewing mood!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad that you would take the time to comment on my thoughts and feelings, it is such a blessing to me!