Decided to jump on and play along on the Hodgepodge this week. I ALWAYS enjoying doing so. You can join the others by clicking on the pic.
1. What's something you are looking forward to on your May calendar? Hmm there are actually a couple of things. First, we have a 50th birthday celebration for my sweet sister in law Heather which should be lots of fun. And then we also have a college graduation party for my nephew Robert. I am looking forward to that for sure. And then of course there's always Mother's Day which will no doubt mean some time spent with my kids and grandkids.
2. What are some images that come to mind when hearing the word mother? Well of course first I guess is I just see my sweet mom's face. But then I also see a mother rocking her baby. A mom putting dinner on the table, or playing with her kids...My daughter has had some particularly sweet photos of her and her babies, and honestly they are what are popping into my mind right now. I'll show you...
|I LOVE THIS PIC [taken by her 4 year old son Sam!] OF HER ROCKING/WALKING WITH HER NEWEST BABY AT THE TIME|
|ONE OF HER NEWBORN PICS....I LOVE HER HAND HOLDING THE TINY BABY HAND...JUST THE BEGINNING|
|AND THIS WAS TAKEN JUST TODAY WHEN SHE DROVE OVER 2 HOURS TO TAKE THESE 3 LITTLE ONES TO A BUTTERFLY AND SCIENCE EXHIBIT....THEY LOVED IT.....|
4. Was today typical? What made it unusual? I guess the only thing that made this day a little different was my trip to the quilt store, though that is DEFINITELY not an unusual place for me to go, lol. I did however with the help of the wonderful gals that work there pick out both a pattern and the fabric to make a quilt for my daughter for her 30th birthday coming up in July.
5. What is a quality you wish you could have more of? Hmm honestly I guess there are quite a few. But for today I will go with I wish I had more courage for adventure. I am just one of those people who likes to feel comfortable in a situation, and I stick to my "safety zone" too much as a result. I just think it would be soo wonderful to be more bold and adventuresome and willing to GO more places and DO more things.
6. What is the next major purchase you need to make, and will you be making it in May? I guess our biggest major "expenditure" coming up is painting our house, and no probably not till June. But that's not really a purchase is it? I think I will go with we DESPERATELY need a new lap top computer, which we are busy looking at and considering, and hopefully will be purchased in May.
7. What responsibility/job/work did you dislike growing up but has proved helpful to you as an adult? I guess I might say learning to thoroughly clean a house. My mother was quite the fanatic and honestly I fought this growing up with everything in me, lol. And I guess that it is helpful now that I know how to do it all, though I still HATE it, lol.
8. Insert your own random thought.... As I mentioned earlier I went today and purchased almost everything I need to make the quilt for Melody. I am very excited about it. It will be in predominantly different prints and shades of grey with some pops of navy and and a slate blue. I like the pattern and doesn't look to difficult. Plan to start cutting that out today. I also did something VERY different for me in that I bought a quilt kit for a completely darling quilt that I just have to make. I have NO idea for who or for what, but I bought it anyway. We will see.....
Hope you are all having a GOOD week. Blessings to you all, Debbie