Jumping on the Hodgepodge today...join the others by clicking on the pic....ENJOY!
1. "The cure for anything is salt water: tears, sweat, or the sea." (Isak Dinesan) Would you agree? Of the 3 which has "cured" you most recently? Yes, I agree that there is a somewhat of a cure for me in ALL of these things. Let's face it, sometimes a good cry is the best medicine there is. Followed by a good laugh. And sometimes you just have to dig in and work until you have a good sweat going to get a problem solved or something done. And I know very few who are not calmed by the sea. I am for sure. As far as recently I would go with sweat I guess as I have forced myself to dig and REALLY work at cleaning out some things around here. But for me personally. the best cure for anything that really bothers me is time spent in prayer.
2. What is something you can't eat without salt? Do you normally salt your food a little, a lot, or not at all? Honestly I can't NOT eat anything without salt, but I do prefer to have salt on my eggs in the morning. I do NOT use a lot of salt on anything though.
3. Sands of time, bury your head in the sand, built on sand, or draw a line in the sand...which sandy line could best be applied to something in your life right now? I think it would be sands of time which is always kind of my feel in January as the new year starts and I am struck once again how time just continues to march on and on.
4. A favorite book, movie or song with an island setting or song. I am going to go here with Anne of Green Gables set on Prince Edwards Island. I loved first the books, and then the series that was made off of the books. Just an all time favorite.
5. Yesterday - did you run your day, or did it run you? Hmmm yesterday (which would be Monday since I am doing this Tues afternoon) I would go with I ran it. It was just one of those easy days where I made my little plans and schedule for the day and everything just kind of flowed along just as I hoped. I got a lot accomplished, and yet never rushed or felt flurried. January is often like this for me as I usually don't have a lot on my schedule.
6. Your on an island holiday. Will I most likely find you parked on a beach chair, shopping in town, on the back of a jet ski, or snorkeling off the back of a catamaran? This is easy....definitely parked on a beach chair watching the water. Shopping in town would definitely happen as well, and so would eating some different type food in fun and beautiful restaurants.
7. What do you think we humans take most for granted? Believe it or not I was just thinking this week-end about how much we take for granted with our electronics anymore. Even me....AND I fought many of the things we have. But we turn on our computers, and have in an instant literally thousands of different kind of information at our fingertips. Of course I do not have a clue how any of it works, so I just kind of take for granted somebody else has it all figured out. But going a completely different way, I think we take too much for granted sometimes the beauty of nature that is all around us. Sometimes we just have to slow down and soak it all in. Much easier for me to do now that I am the age I am, but there are still sometimes when my life gets too busy and I just don't even notice like I should the simple beauty of a sunset or a flower. Oh, and then when you think about it, it's not until something is not working properly in our bodies that we realize just how much we use them and take it for granted. I burnt my finger a couple of weeks ago on our toaster. A pretty decent little burn. And for at least 3 days couldn't do much with that hand as I was soo hindered by it. Just take for granted all that I really use it for. I could go on and on I think with things we take for granted, but I will stop with these lol.
|MELODY AND MIKE|
8. Insert your random thought here....I usually have soo many random thoughts floating around in my head it would be impossible to get them all down....but today, not so many, lol. I guess I will go with I was soo grateful today for the nice, L O N G talk I was able to have with my daughter. Living in another state, and having 3 small children under 5 she has her hands more then busy, and sitting around on the phone talking is just not something that happens much. She does text me daily, and send cute little videos of the kids, and a quick picture here and there as well, but L O N G conversations are rare treats. But we got one in today. She had just popped the baby down for a nap and the boys were busy with their toys and totally occupied so we chatted away. We made plans for us to go and spend Easter with them this year and celebrate Claire's second birthday as well, and I am already looking forward to it. It will have been an entire year since we were there last, and so even the L O N G drive doesn't seem to horrible right now,
Hope you are all having a good week. Many blessings to you all! Debbie