Monday, January 30, 2017

MONDAY MONDAY....


Good morning!  Well it's Monday morning and I am going to try and put up a post every Monday if I can from now on, so here I am.

It was a nice week-end with GORGEOUS weather here in So. California which was nice after the giant storm the week-end before.  Hubby and I had a very lazy Sat. morning and then caught a movie in the afternoon.  I had been wanting to see the movie Loving, and had missed it when it was at most theaters, so we caught it at the bargain theater which was OK.  It only costs 3.25 for seniors which is not bad of course, but truthfully the leather recliner seats at  our other favorite theater are only 5 dollars if the movie is seen before noon, and it's well worth it believe me, lol, so I will continue to try and see movies there.  This movie was another one that is based on a true story, and those kind are some of my favorites.  Truthfully I was stunned that such a thing went on as late as the 1960's.  Interracial marriage was against the law in some states, and people who disregarded this law were sent to prison. So of course if you married in a state allowing it, and then moved to a state that didn't, you could go to prison.  It was sooo ridiculous, and soo wrong, and I am glad that this couple got it overruled in the Supreme Court and changed that law in every state.   After the movie we went by my son's new studio again and Jeff helped Joe hang his boxing bags, and Leah and I worked on the pictures on the walls.  It is looking REALLY good, and we are praising God for working out all the details.  On Sunday we decided to go down to San Diego to hear our other son preach, and spend some time with that set of grandkids.  We had not seen them since Christmas, so I was really looking forward to it.  My son and his wife had a ministry meeting right after service, so Jeff and I decided to take the 4 kids to lunch and to see the movie Sing.  I have been wanting to see that too, but I always feel when it comes to those kind of movies I really need at least one grand kid along to enjoy it too.  I LOVED it!  lol  When it comes to most "kid" movies lots of times truthfully I struggle to sit there, or even doze off occasionally lol, but this one had my attention from the beginning.  I loved all the singing, and it was quite funny too.  Anyone who hasn't seen this, and enjoys singing, should definitely see it.  We went back to my son's house after that and spent another hour or so catching up with them, and so we didn't get home until late, but it was time well spent.  HOWEVER!  I forgot my Bible.  We had to use their car after church (all 4 kids do not fit in ours!) so I still had my bible with me, and then while I did remember to bring it in with me when we got back to their house, I forgot it there once we were leaving.  I am such a creature of habit.  I don't usually bring my bible in there after church, so I didn't think to bring it back out again when we left.  Now we do have other bibles of course, but the 3 we have are not the same translation as mine, and of course are not marked the same way mine is, so they are not going to work well for me.  I know I can look up the version I want online of course, but I am doing an online study for one of my studies right now, and I like to have my computer on the video from that, and my bible and study book open at the same time, so getting it downloaded on my computer wouldn't work very well.  Now of course I can get it on my phone too, BUT I really hate to read anything off of my phone.  Way too little to work well for me.   I feel positively nude without my bible!  lol.  However, they do not live around the corner, and we will not be going back there for probably around a month or so, so I will just have to make do.  Can you believe I wrote this WHOLE paragraph about forgetting my bible?  lol

I got some of the fabric I ordered in the mail on Sat. so I intend to get going this week on some of that.  It's swim suit fabric to make a couple for Claire.  I have never actually made a swim suit before, so this will be a little bit of a challenge for me, but I am really looking forward to that.



JUST HAD TO SHOW YOU HOW BIG THIS LITTLE MUNCHKIN IS GETTING.  GREAT GRAND DAUGHTER SOPHIA IS ALREADY 8 MONTHS OLD!

AND THIS DARLING LITTLE PICTURE OF CLAIRE BEING A GOOD MAMA AND BRUSHING HER BABY'S TEETH, LOL...LOOK AT THOSE PIG TAILS, AND THAT WHITE HAIR.  JUST LIKE HER MAMA'S!

DON'T KNOW IF YOU REMEMBER THE PURSE I MADE FOR MISS CLAIRE SEVERAL MONTHS AGO....WELL, SHE IS OLD ENOUGH NOW TO APPRECIATE IT I GUESS, AND REFUSES TO LEAVE THE HOUSE WITHOUT IT.  SHE IS APPEARING TO BE A GIRLY GIRL SO FAR SO MELODY CAN ENJOY THINGS LIKE THIS.  MELODY WAS ALL TOM BOY, AND I COULDN'T MAKE HER CARRY OR WANT A PURSE UNTIL HER SECOND YEAR OF HIGH SCHOOL, LOL!!

HERE'S THE TWO OF THEM AND AS YOU CAN SEE CLAIRE HAS FIRMLY GOT HER PURSE!  I LOVE IT!


That's about all I have for now....Hope you all have a good week!  Blessings to you all!  Debbie



7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a perfect weekend. Your granddaughters are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's fun when tomboy moms get girly girls or when girly girls get a bunch of rowdy boys. God does have a sense of humor! Sorry about your Bible. A month is a long time to be nude. 😉 Eight months old? Good heavens! That child was just born...what a cutie pie she is...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, such beautiful grandchildren and that daughter is just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Debbie...you have such beautiful grandchildren! Your weekend sounds like it was perfect in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a nice weekend. Lovely pictures. Sophia is so cute sitting there. Gosh she has got so big so fast. What a wonderful bunch you have Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Debbie, this was such a fun read for me, enjoyed the baby photos, those two darlings are beautiful! as is melody! I am like you I am lost without my bible,Maybe you can use this as an excuse to get back to visit with your son's family!~smile~ I sure miss seeing seeing movies with my grandkids, we always had so much fun, and would sneak our own snacks in the theater!LOL
    I haven't been online to much lately, I had a lot of family home during the holidays and the first of January, and Dh and I are still dealing with a few health issues, Please continue to pray for us! I am on instagram are you, though I am seldom on there either.
    I will try to visit more often,
    love,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I so get you and the Bible situation. I love MY Bible and I don't like to read it off my IPhone or IPad either. Little Claire is so cute with her purse! Happy week!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad that you would take the time to comment on my thoughts and feelings, it is such a blessing to me!