Thursday, January 12, 2017

SOME RAMBLING....


Well it's already the 12th of January, so I guess I should get a post up of some kind.  I feel like I don't really have much of anything to say though, so I apologize in advance if this is just a bunch of rambling.

We've had LOTS of rain for So. California, and has it ever been nice.  We need it soo bad.  I do know that no matter how much rain we get, it's never enough.  We've had a drought going for soo long we are in serious trouble, so every little drop helps.

Our week-end last week was the first one in several weeks that we didn't have anything we HAD to do.  Neither one of us were sure how to act, lol.  It was S L O W and relaxing, and I'd forgotten just how nice those can be.  We did go and see the movie Hidden Figures and we both absolutely LOVED it.  I can totally see where it got it's name though, as I may be 62 years old, and hubby 65, and yet neither one of us had ANY idea that any of those women were involved in our space program the way they were.  In fact Katherine Johnson's role was SOO large, I honestly can't believe I had never heard her name.  I guess it's more surprising that hubby hadn't either as he majored in History in college, and is quite the history buff.  It was really more then time this story was told.  Anyway, GO and see this movie if you get the opportunity, as it was REALLY interesting as well as good.

I have finally made my way back to the sewing machine.  I have been dwelling on projects and trying to make decisions on what I wanted to get busy with, but I really don't have anything I HAVE to do....another kind of strange thing for me.  Seems like there is always something.  But Melody mentioned that Luke was upset the other day as she had packed up all of their Christmas decorations and put them up for another year, and this meant that she had taken the Christmas pillowcases off of the boys beds as well.  I have made them pillowcases for several things....Christmas, Thanksgiving, Valentines Day, the 4th of July, plus many other just little things they like, such as tractors and trucks etc.  They are quick and easy to make and the boys get such a kick out of them.  Well, the one Luke has for Christmas is Mickey Mouse.  His all time favorite everything, lol.  He wanted his Mickey Mouse pillowcase.  She tried to get him diverted with one of his MANY other ones, but he wanted Mickey.  Well, you know what that meant don't you?  lol  Grandma headed to the store and bought some Mickey fabric (that wasn't Christmas!) and whipped him up one.  And I found some Mickey flannel and made him some PJ'S too.  And since of course I can't make something for Luke and not for Sam too (unless it's a birthday of course!) I made Sam some Ninja Turtles since I knew that is his big favorite right now.  Let me show you....

SAM'S PILLOWCASE

SAMS' PJ'S....THEY LOOK KIND OF SMALL IN THIS PIC, BUT IT'S JUST THE WAY I HAVE THEM FOLDED...IF ANYTHING THEY ARE A LITTLE BIG.  I HAD TO USE A PATTERN I HAVEN'T USED IN QUITE A WHILE AS ALL OF THE PJ'S I MADE FOR CHRISTMAS WERE MADE OUT OF KNIT.  FLANNEL WON'T WORK ON THOSE PATTERNS SO I HAD TO DIG INTO MY STASH OF PATTERNS AND IMPROVISE A BIT, LOL

LUKE'S NEW MICKEY PILLOWCASE

AND HIS MICKEY PJ'S.....THIS PATTERN HAD A V NECK WHICH I WAS A LITTLE SKEPTICAL ON, BUT IT WORKED OUT JUST FINE.

On my list for next week are some MORE ninja turtle pj's for Vinny, and an outfit for Capri.  I found a new site that carries  fabric panels, and I am VERY anxious to see how it works out.  Searching for different and unusual fabrics is just one of the things I do frequently it seems.  I have also ordered a kit to make myself a wall hanging quilt, and I am hoping to get going on it soon, plus, it is really time to consider making another quilt.  I haven't made one in a while.

I have also gathered some materials for some new bible studies I want to get involved in, but that's all I really have that's new.  Hope all of your new years are off to good starts.  Many blessings to you all!  Debbie




4 comments:

  1. You are so making me want to learn how to sew. All that fabric is adorable! Your kids are so lucky. I'm glad to see that you took a weekend off. I'm happy for you all to get rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a wonderful grandmother! Luke is going to love that pillowcase. I love the pjs...what is Claire getting? I know that you didn't leave her out. These are the things that make up our days. I had not heard about this movie beyond the crticisms...it is a movie after all, but there is a truth there that we have not been told. Reminds me that the movie Sully is a bit of a stretch as far as the whole truth goes, but the heart of the story is true. Thank you for the recommendation...I would like to return to the new theater (fancy, comfy seats) to see this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun to stop by and read your happenings. We are well into the start of the new year and I hope it's a great one for you and your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure that you were lost without a sewing project on your docket. How lovely that a project presented itself . . . and put smiles on those grandbabies' faces!

    The movie sounds interesting. I love movies that are based on true stories.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad that you would take the time to comment on my thoughts and feelings, it is such a blessing to me!