Wednesday already and time for the HODGEPODGE....click on the picture below, you know how it;s done...
1. Can you believe it't the end of January? What was the best day of January 2017 for you, and why? Well I am guessing for many of us it was January 20th, Inauguration Day. My eyes, along with many of yours I imagine, were glued to the TV as I watched President Trump take office. My heart if full of hope that America will once again become the great nation that we all love. I am encouraged by all he has already accomplished, but saddened that there is such opposition from some as well. I do feel that there is real hope now for my children and grandchildren, and I am so very grateful, and I intend to pray everyday that God again will richly bless the United States.
2. What sounds make up the background noise in your life? Hmmm as I just stop and listen right now I hear birds chirping through the open windows today, and a neighbors power saw going (they are extending their porch) and an airplane flying overhead, our grandfathers clock ticking, and soft praise music playing from the station I listen to almost every day. These are all really common background noises for me on an average day.
3. I read on the Power of Positivity website a list of ten things to drop from your life right now. The are: anger outbursts, people who put you down, regret, negative self talk, being a people pleaser, the notion you need to be perfect, the past (but keep the lessons learned!), gossip and judgment, comparing yourself to others and the word hate (focus on what you love instead) Which thing on this list do you most need to drop? Are you trying or will you try? Well I guess it might be between being a people pleaser (I do want everyone to be happy) or the notion that I somehow should be better then I am. I have always been my own worse critic. I guess I still have a tendency to compare myself to people who I consider to be a stronger person or Christian as well. I am WAY beyond comparing my looks or figure to others, or even others homes, cars, etc., but I do look at what others have accomplished with their lives etc. Sooo to answer the question, lol, I guess I will go with as I have dwelled on this...comparing myself to others. I have been putting some real effort into this already, and hopefully I can make it something I don't give much thought to in the future,
4. What is scared to you? I guess I would go with my belief and faith in Jesus Christ and all He has done for me. I have no idea in this world where I would be without Him. If ever I hear His name being taken in vain, or in a negative way, it literally makes me cringe. There are many other things I consider scared to....life, family, the Bible, I COULD go on, lol, but I will stop there.
5. January is National Oatmeal month. Are you a fan, and if so how do you like it? I love oatmeal! I don't eat it a lot as I prefer the longer cooking oats over the instant, and I don't like to take the time. When I have it I like it with a little skim milk, cinnamon, some blueberries, and a few slivered almonds. I also have a recipe where I put oatmeal in my meatloaf. I LOVE this too. Oh, and I love oatmeal cookies, and I have a wonderful oatmeal cake recipe too. (though I rarely if ever eat either one of these things anymore) YEP, a big fan.
6. What feelings does twilight stir up in you? Twilight has always been my favorite time of day. Honestly I am not sure why. It just gives me a warm, good feeling. Like the day is done and yet the night time lies ahead. There can be a beautiful sunset. It reminds me of twilight in the summertime when my kids were growing up and we'd be just home from the beach and they'd all be freshly showered and I'd be getting dinner on and my husband would be getting home from work and we had the whole evening lying in front of us. Doesn't sound that great I guess, but I have just always loved that time of the day, lol.
|MY FAMILY....JEFF AND I AND MELODY, JAMES. JOE, AND JOHN|
7. Something you're looking forward to next month? There are a few things...First, it will be our 42nd wedding anniversary (today as a matter of fact!) and then two of my grandchildren have birthdays, and then there is Valentines Day which I usually always enjoy. Yes, February is a month I always enjoy.
8. Insert your own random thought here. Not sure why I haven't got a lot of random thoughts again this week. I am still not doing much (which I am learning to enjoy more then I thought!) but intend to get back to my sewing machine tomorrow. My husband and I are watching a TV series called Lark Rise to Candleford which we are just thoroughly enjoying. I had never heard of it, no one recommended it, and I just happen to randomly find on Hulu. But it is REALLY good and we both look forward to tuning in every night. It has become all we do anymore when it comes to TV Or mainly all we do I guess. Find a series and watch all the seasons from beginning to end. It's very addicting to watch TV this way. Anyway, watch this show if you get the chance (or am I the only one who had never heard of it?) and enjoy. Wow...talk about random, LOL
Hope you are all having a good week! Blessings to you all! Debbie