1. What is one area of your life where you're a perfectionist? Is that a good thing? ONLY 1 area? lol Truthfully, I can honestly say I have always been somewhat of one, and NO it is not a good thing for me. I have relaxed A LOT over the years, and it has helped probably everyone around me a lot. I used to be really bad about my house, in particular the floors. I could not a abide a piece of lint, or a smudge of dirt on them anywhere ever. I wanted everything where it belonged and at times even cocked to the correct angle (like pillows on the couch!) and put away always. I would never have considered not making my bed. And if one of my kids left one unmade (heaven forbid) I made it for them. All my mirrors and windows had to sparkle! And while raising my 4 kids you can imagine how hard that was on all of us. I regret truthfully what a fanatic I used to be. I will say that I did not demand perfection from my kids or those around me. I never wanted anyone else to fall slave to that task master like I had. I truthfully never even noticed if someone else's house did not seem to be even close to what I felt mine had to be. Those days are behind me now that's for sure...though I still just have to have my bed made daily, and dishes done ASAP. But these days I am still kind of perfectionist when it comes to my sewing. You could turn things I make inside out and they are just as finished and clean there as they are on the outside. And if they are not? I rip it out and do it again. I try honest I do to relax with it more, but I just WANT it done right. No, for me perfectionism has been somewhat of a nightmare, and I would imagine for those who have lived with me as well. Though honestly I haven't really had a lot of complaints, lol. I imagine there are some physiological reasons behind my perfectionism, but it really doesn't plague me like it did in the past, so I am not going to give it much more thought. Bet you weren't expecting this long of a detailed answer, lol.
2. What's something you find perfectly ridiculous? Oh wow, again just one? lol I guess I will go with how long the wait can be at MANY urgent cares, emergency rooms and doc offices these days. OK, maybe there is not much to be done with urgent care and emergency rooms...it is what it is. But the doctor's office's RIDICULOUSLY over book.
3. What's a skill you've developed by way of that old fashioned saying, "practice makes perfect"? Hmm I guess I will go with sewing. Though I am by no means perfect. There are certain things involved with it (such as my new skill of the lettuce hem) that I am definitely STILL working on, and no doubt will (knowing me) until I have perfected it as best I can....wink.
|EXAMPLE OF A LETTUCE HEM...THOUGH THIS IS THE FIRST ONE I EVER DID, AND IT IS FAR, FAR FROM PERFECT. I DID ROLL WITH IT THOUGH SO MAYBE I AM NOT AS MUCH OF A PERFECTIONIST THAT I THINK??|
4. What is your idea of a perfect breakfast? Well this for me would depend greatly....Are we talking about the perfect HEALTHY breakfast? The perfect breakfast for me these days? OR IF I could eat whatever I wanted, (which I most definitely cannot!) what would the perfect breakfast be? I think I will go with IF I could eat right now what sounds like the perfect breakfast and I didn't have to worry about calories, or sugar, or caffeine, or carbs....it would be a breakfast I haven't had in a LONG LONG time. 2 eggs over easy, 2 pieces of practically burnt bacon, crispy buttery hash browns and 2 pieces of sour dough toast with butter and strawberry jam, and a few cups of hazelnut coffee with cream. Instead, what is the perfect breakfast for me these days is....1 soft boiled egg and 1 piece of Trader Joe's whole grain gluten free toast. I also have 16 oz of water with all of my vitamins and supplements, and 1 large cup of herbal tea....sometimes I splurge and have a handful of blueberries or blackberries, but not often....sigh....it is what it is.
5. What's a trip, holiday, vacation, or day outing you've taken that you'd rate a perfect 10? Tell us why. Well there has been a few Christmas celebrations that I would rate a 10 or close to it....and many, many trips to the beach when my kids were young that honestly just couldn't have gotten much better..definite 10's! But I think for right now I will go with last Mother's Day. My kids are all grown and gone with families of their own now so Mother's Day it is hard to get them all together for the celebration. They have both their own kids and in law mother's to celebrate too. Truthfully I am fine with that, and don't really expect them to do so. But they got together last year and surprised me and all came at the same time (without their families) including Melody who flew in from New Mexico. We had a barbeque and hours of visiting and conversation and I just couldn't have felt more loved and appreciated. Melody stayed the night and we had the whole next day as well together. I will NEVER forget that Mother's Day, and tease them as I wonder how they will ever top it? lol
6. What quote or saying perfectly sums up your life right now? If you can't do perfect, how about one that's close. I heard or read this the other day, and for me it's perfect....
My life is not perfect, but it has PERFECT moments! I have much to be grateful for, and feel very blessed.
7. How would you spend 300 dollars today? hmm...I would probably spend it on some new dress shirts and ties for my hubby. He just could use some new ones right now.
8. Insert your own random thought...and this is REALLY random, lol. But I wish I could discover a sight where I could buy the GOOD quality, beautiful and soft cotton lycra knit that doesn't cost SOO much. It's soo expensive. But I LOVE it so. But I am finding myself having to be very disciplined about it or I could spend WAY WAY too much on fabric!
Hope you are all have a good week! Blessings to you all, Debbie