I KNOW it's late, but I decided to go ahead and jump on the Hodgepodge. Join the others by clicking on the pic...
1. Slow and steady wins the race....tell us about a time that was true in your life. Hmmm I am going to have to REALLY think, lol, because it seems as if everything goes quickly these days, or I do quickly, or I want quickly...just my nature. But I guess I will go with my final pregnancy. I was 32 years old, had 3 active, wild, and involved in a million things boys, and I was NOT exactly thrilled with the thought of another LONG nine months. And that's just what it was. Everything was hard about that pregnancy. My other 3 had been pretty uneventful, but I had a few issues with the last. However, the end result of my precious baby GIRL was sooo worth every agonizing moment that it took, and I was and will always be soo grateful!
2. As slow as molasses...Do you like molasses? How about maple syrup? Caramel? Butterscotch? What's your favorite of the slow moving treats mention here, and what's your favorite food made with that sweet treat? Don't like molasses, though there was a cookie recipe I made years ago that called for it that was pretty good. LOVE maple syrup, but unfortunately it is a thing of my past right along with almost everything sweet, but goodness I especially loved it on french toast. Caramel is OK...not a big fan, but don't remember turning anything down that had it. And love butterscotch too. My favorite of these would have to be maple syrup I guess, and like I said poured over my cinnamon french toast. Used to be a big Sat. morning favorite at our house!
3. Your favorite slow song....Hmmm I have a few. My favorite though I think would have to be I don't want to miss a thing by Aerosmith which might surprise some of you I think but I just love it. I also love Just my imagination by the Temptations. And can anything beat some of Whitney Houston's big hits...I will always love you (she wasn't the first to do this, but no one did it better in my opinion) and also I believe in you and me. In case you have a few minutes I will post that one to listen to. I guess I am way over my limit so I'll stop now..
I JUST had to add on these two additions to my favorites, because they honestly top the others I have already listed, lol. One would be George Straight's I Cross My Heart, and truthfully I promise my all time favorite was by Vince Gill called, Just look at Us. I want to dance to this at our fiftieth anniversary (still 7 years away, lol) Take a listen to this if you can. I think I may have exposed I am somewhat of a romantic I think. Kind of corny, but true.
4. Your favorite thing to make in a slow cooker or crock pot? Again, I have many favorites (for many years the crock pot was my best friend when I was soo busy with sports with my kids) but I will go with a chuck roast. I do it VERY simply. Little red potatoes, baby carrots, mushrooms, onions, garlic, a few spices (depending on my mood) a small amount of beef broth, and that's it. Very little prep, smells WONDERFUL all day, and the meat just kind of falls apart when it's done.
5. You may delay, but time will not...Benjamin Franklin. Are you more a hurrier or a delayer when it comes to unpleasant tasks that need doing? What are you currently either delaying or hurrying to get through this week or month? Well, I may be somewhat of a combination. Unfortunately, I DO tend to "put off" things I can't bear to do, aka, cleaning out a closet, organizing all my fabric, etc., getting tax information together, but once I actually begin the task I am VERY quick, as I want it DONE lol. Right now I am definitely delaying getting the aforementioned fabric organized. I just can't bear it...soo much more I'd rather be doing.
6. Tell us three things you encounter regularly or even occasionally that you find to be annoying slow. Welp, living in So. California that's soo easy. Number 1 would be traffic on the freeways. Nothing quite as frustrating as that, especially if you find yourself there during rush hours. Number 2 would be LONG waits at restaurants. The last two week-ends in a row we decided to take some of our kid's families to dinner and the waits were just ridiculous. And number 3 would be the cutting table at Joannes, lol. Sooo annoying. I usually pop into the store and grab my number BEFORE I do my shopping as this helps....a little. (grin)
7. March is National Craft Month. Are you crafty? Tell us about something crafty you'll try in the next thirty one days. Or something crafty you'd like to try or wish you had the skill to make happen. I think most people would consider me crafty as I sew every single day. Or almost every day. But sewing to me is NOT crafty. Crafty usually involves hot glue, lol, or creativity or imagination and lots and lots of what I call "fiddly" things, which I DO NOT like. I made myself a fabric garland at Christmas time and I am CONSIDERING making another soon as I soooo loved the finished project and I'd love to give one to all of my kids, and as a crafty sort project went, it wasn't too bad or too fiddly.
|THERE IT IS! LOL THIS TOOK FOREVER, BUT REALLY WAS PRETTY SIMPLE|
And this little video is just a quick little glimpse at some Fall fabric trees I made last year, AND a picture I embroidered with my machine. Some might consider machine embroider a craft, but I really don't, And I decided I might as well post a picture of an outfit I made for my grand daughter Claire yesterday. Though again, I don't know if sewing is really a craft.
|LOVED THIS FABRIC!|
8. Insert your own random thought here. I have soo much scrambling around in here today it will be hard to just pick one. But I am going to go with how much I love HULU. Now I know it's been around for a while, but I am slow to pick up new things these days it seems. But we did a few months ago and I just think it's wonderful. Now most of you probably already new this, but I just recently discovered that almost ALL prime shows are on there too. So I can watch a favorite whenever and whatever time suits me (or my hubby too ) and without commercials. We pay the extra 4 dollars a month to eliminate that and it is soo worth it. We watched The Voice for the first time last night this way and it was wonderful. I know it's unbelievable that we had not seen that show before, but we hadn't. We enjoy "binge watching" on both netflix and hulu soo much that we rarely if ever watch actual TV, and when we do I can hardly believe the commercials. Soo much better without.
Well, again, I realize I am behind and maybe no one will see this post, but I sure enjoyed it. Hope you all have a GOOD day. I am heading into the sewing room now. Blessings to you all! Debbie