1. Setting aside the real March Madness (NCAA Basketball) describe something happening at your house this month that might earn the title "March Madness"? hmm...honestly I can't think of anything at all that could claim that title. Maybe that I am feeling somewhat flurried to get all the sewing done I want to get done for spring and summer for Melody's kids before we leave here for a week?? We are going to spend Easter with them this year, (a first since she married nine years ago!) and celebrate little Claire's second birthday too.
2. What's a favorite made up word from your childhood or a favorite from your children's childhood? Does your family still use the word today? If there' a story behind the origin please share. Well it has always seemed like our family has a language all it's own....lol....and we ALL use it all the time to include all of my brother's and sisters, and ALL of my kids and now their kids as well. But believe it or not the only two words I can think of right now are berini and goop. lol Berini is not really a made up word as it IS a word, lol, but we all use it when we want to describe something that is just beyond perfect and good, And goop refers to chocolate syrup that you put on ice cream. My dad always called it that and honestly I thought it was actually what it was called until I was a teenager and one of my friends had no idea what I was talking about, lol. I guarantee you though there is not a person, old or young in our entire family extended and otherwises who does not know what "goop" is, lol.
3. Will you be doing any spring cleaning now that the season is upon us? I read here a list of 15 quick (under 1 hour) spring cleaning tasks. There were...clean out a drawer, vacuum furniture, whiten tile grout, dust the nooks and crannies you don't get to year round, degrease kitchen cabinets, wipe down walls, go behind furniture, wipe down ceiling fans, vacuum the mattress, clean the range hood, wash baseboards, shine the stainless steel, clean out the vents, tackle the windows, and wipe down gadgets...Of the fifteen quick tasks listed, which two most need doing at your house? Will you do them? Why do I feel like I need to get off this computer now and start cleaning, lol? The two most needing to be done would have to be degrease kitchen cupboards, and tackle the windows. I will wait for a while longer to tackle windows as I don't think we are finished with the rain, in fact it is raining as I type this. And as for the cupboards, I am thinking of asking my cleaning woman to take that horrid little job on as physically I don't think I am up for it, and I can't bear asking my hubby to do it on his days off. His weeks are soo long and busy. HOWEVER, what I REALLY want to do is paint the cupboards, so we will see.
4. A favorite movie set in Paris or New York? Well let's see....I can think of more for New York so I will say, One Fine Day or Hitch. And for Paris, I LOVED Forget Paris and French Kiss was cute too.
5. What's put a spring in your step this month? A few little things I guess. I love that it is staying lighter longer and the weather is been soo nice. Warm, but far from the scorching heat I know is coming. Then like I said I am counting the days till we leave for Melody's.
6. Did you ever want to be a teacher? Why or why not? I wanted to be a teacher ever since I can remember, lol. I guess it just always seemed like something I would love. Whenever anyone asked me when I was growing up what I wanted to be I would answer without the slightest hesitation, "I will be a teacher." But if you've read my personal story then you will remember I got pregnant at 17 and began my family young, and therefore only ended up doing one year of college before I had to go to work full time, and then only worked one year before I quit to raise our family. I did get to be a roving teachers aid for grades KG through second grade for 5 years or so and I loved it. I took reading groups, drilled math combinations, and just generally helped out to the side. It was something I loved even though I was making barely above minimum wage. I believe that teaching is a calling, and I felt called, but never answered, lol. My daughter IS a teacher and that thrills me. My oldest son is a karate instructor so he teaches everyday as well both children and adults, and my youngest son is a Pastor so he teaches too. Might have been in their blood, lol. I guess being a mom is at least a part time teacher, right?
7. What's your favorite floral scent? Do you have this somewhere in your home or maybe in a perfume? How do you feel about florals in food? How about wines with floral notes - yay or nay? My VERY favorite scent is gardenia and yes I have it in both bathrooms with a scented candle. LOVE it and Lilac too. I also love the floral fragrance by Ralph Loren called Romance. Don't know about florals in food, and I am not much of a wine drinker, though that seems like something I might try.
8. Insert your own random thought...Not a whole lot rattling around in this head today. I spent the morning (and a little into the afternoon) making a little spring time dress for Claire. I found patterns at Joannes last week-end for 2 dollars so I stocked up on anything I thought I might want to try someday. Patterns are generally anywhere from 15 to 20 dollars and are just soo ridiculously overpriced in my opinion that I rarely buy one that is not on sale. But I found a bunch and tried one out. And! generally with these type of patterns I used cotton fabrics. But this means of course they NEED to be ironed, and since my daughter seems to be allergic (sorry Mel) to this, it is really not a good choice, lol. But I went ahead and used some of the pricey knit I have on hand that I couldn't resist and it worked REALLY REALLY well. Mostly I use made for knit patterns when I sew with knit, so I just didn't know how well this would work. But I may have discovered a new coo. Regular patterns with knit fabrics! (probably everyone else has ALWAYS done this! lol) It opens up a whole new world of possibilities. And NO IRONING Mel. She loved the dress btw, and plans on using it for her Easter dress for Claire....win, win.
|I MADE A LITTLE DIAPER COVER AS WELL TO GO WITH THE DRESS!|
Hope you are all enjoying your week, and the beginning of Spring where ever you are! Blessings to you all, Debbie