1. April is Lawn and Garden Month. On a scale of 1-10 what's the current state of your lawn and/or garden. (10 = a showpiece, 1 = send in the professionals). Tell us about any lawn or garden plans you have for this month. I can honestly tell you that while I LOVE LOVE LOVE a beautifully landscaped gorgeous yard, I have pretty much never achieved that which I have pictured in my head. So these days I just go for simple, yet nice. I'd rate ours a 5 or a 6. Right in the middle. It's small, neat, with a few flowers that I love, and it is all maintained completely by a gardener who is good. We have no garden.
2. "Many things grow in the garden that were never sown there." ~Thomas Fuller~ What does this quote mean to you? Honestly I have never heard this quote before, and I am not sure what it's supposed to mean. I would guess looking at it literally I would go with (as I have had this happen) where the wind blew seeding flowers to other beds and places and flowers grew there that I had NEVER planted. Or is it referring to the weeds that ALWAYS come and were never wanted or planted either of course lol. Either way I guess both the good and the bad can bloom where they were never planted.
3. What's the first thing that comes to mind when you think about God? Hmm don't know if I can limit it to a single thought, or a first thing. I guess I think of His majesty that's soo apparent in all of creation. But then I also think immediately of Jesus and my relationship to Him. LOVE also comes to mind quickly as God IS love.
4. If we were chatting in person, how would I know if you were nervous? I am not sure, lol. I think I cover my nerves pretty well. But I guess maybe it would in that I would talk FAST, and use a lot of humor. I think of how I am at the doctor's office which is one of the few places I MIGHT be nervous, and that's what I do....talk fast, and crack a lot of jokes...
5. Do you like the color yellow? Would I find any in your home or wardrobe? Daffodils, tulips, roses, sunflowers, day lily. black eyed susan....which yellow bloom on this list is your favorite. I LOVE the color yellow but I have not used it anywhere in our home. I do have a few tops that are yellow however. I would go with daffodils as my favorite yellow bloom, but roses are a very close second.
6. Flip flops or bare feet? Bare feet indoors, flip flops outdoors.
7. Tell us about any Easter plans, celebrations or traditions you'll carry out this month? I've probably mentioned once or twice that we are going to my daughter's house for Easter this year and I am sooo excited. She lives on the border of New Mexico and Texas on a dairy farm with her husband of almost 9 years and her 3 little ones ages 5, 3 and almost 2! We live in California and this will be the first Easter we have gone there to celebrate. I am SUPER excited to see them all. They were here for Thanksgiving, and I haven't seen them since unless you count Facetime which I don't, lol. We will also celebrate little Miss Claire's second birthday which is the day after Easter. Another exciting thing for me is that my daughter joined the worship team at their church several months ago, and I will get to see her in person doing this for the first time on Easter Sunday. I have watched her on the internet as their service and worship is live steamed, and while that is good, it is not the same as being there. Especially since it does cut in and out all the time. We will be gone for a full week and I am soo looking forward to it all. OK, well NOT the drive there, but we've got that part down so it goes pretty fast.
8. Insert your own random thought. I am doing this on Tues morning and right after I finish this up I am going to grab a quick lunch and then get my much neglected toes a pedicure, and from there I am heading out to my almost 13 year old grandsons very first track meet. I am very excited about this too as he just hasn't been too interested in the sports department. It was not what we expected as his daddy played every sport there is to play, and played them all well. But everyone is different, and each must follow his own path. Jeffie is excited to be participating as well, and I SOOO hope he enjoys the experience. I've been told he is the fasted boy runner in his 7th grade! I will leave you with my last couple of sewing projects. I am almost on a wrap with this before our trip and how I've enjoyed it. Hope you all have a wonderful rest of your week!
|I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS FABRIC FROM THE PEEKABOO FABRIC SHOP. THEY JUST HAVE THE CUTEST THINGS|
|AND I MADE THESE LITTLE SUMMER PJ'S UP FOR HER THIS MORNING...THE TOP CAN BE USED FOR A LITTLE TOP WITH A PAIR OF JEANS OR SOMETHING AS WELL|
|I LOVED THIS LITTLE TOP AND IT WAS QUICK AND EASY TO MAKE|
|AND THIS STILL NEEDS THE GRIPER SNAPS PUT IN TO MAKE DIAPER CHANGES QUICK AND EASY, BUT THAT'S IT|
|AND THIS IS THE LITTLE MUNCHKIN THESE ARE ALL FOR. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HER AND HER BROTHERS!|