Wednesday, May 24, 2017

HODGEPODGE WEDNESDAY





Well I am really behind today.  As my regular readers might know I have had some computer issues.  I did get mine back last night, but LOTS of things were un-installed or missing or just not right...sigh...soo frustrating.  But I "think" I've got most of them back, so we will see.  Soo it's time for the Hodgepodge.  lol   Join the others by clicking on the pic...







1.  What color is prominent in your home?  Are you glad about that or wishing you could cover it up or remove it?  All of our walls and floors are in a neutral shade of taupe, or tan.  All of the colors we decorated with are golds, burgundy's and olive green, and oh some navy as well.  Honestly I still really like most of the colors.  And I've run the theme of them through the whole house so to change it would be too expensive.  If I could do anything, I might paint the walls a very pale olive green, but that's about it.

THIS IS THE COLOR THEME PRETTY MUCH THROUGH THE WHOLE HOUSE

OUR BEDROOM....GOLD, BURGUNDY AND OLIVE GREEN

2.  What's something you'll NEVER do again?  Hmmm  let's see.  I guess it would depend on rather or not I am looking at it from the stand point of a mistake I'll be sure not to repeat, or something I've grown too old to do.  I always overthink these things, lol.  I guess I will go with what I am past the age of doing.  I'll never ride the waves on a bogie board in the ocean again, lol.  It was something I used to LOVE to do.  I honestly enjoyed it more then I can possibly describe, and did so whenever I got the chance well into my early 50's.  Just swimming in the ocean period.  Now I can't even walk in the sand (arthritis in my knees completely keeps me from doing this!) let alone get into the ocean.  Now I might replace my knees someday and walk on the beach again, but ride off on a wave?  I think those days are gone for good.

3.  Tell us a couple of ways you fit the stereotypes associated with your gender, and a couple of ways you don't.  Well I think I am your typical woman in the respect that getting married and raising kids was what I wanted to do with my life, and what I did.  I think I am your typical grandma too in the respect that my 13 are just everything to me.  I love to sew, create and craft as well.  I enjoy a good romance either in a movie, a book, or a TV show too, and certainly real life too, wink.  I LOVE to get flowers and I LOVE perfume. How I might not be typical is that I enjoy most sports.  I LOVE a sports movie right underneath a romantic one.  That's all I can think of right now, though there is probably others.  I am really pretty much a girly girl.

4.  May is Motorcycle Awareness Month.  Have you ever owned a motorcycle?  Ever ridden a motorcycle?  If the opportunity presented itself would you hop on a motorcycle and go for a ride?  I have NEVER owned one, nor has my husband, or thankfully any of my kids.  I did have a ride once as a little girl if you can believe that.  My uncle gave me a short ride on his once.  Whatever were they thinking??  lol  No helmet either.  It was somewhat terrifying, but I pretended to like it. And NO there is no way I'd ever hop on a take a ride these days.  Just not me.

5.  If someone wanted to understand you, what should they read, watch, and listen to?  Hmm this could be a LONG thought process and answer but like I said I am already behind so I am going to go with the quick and easy answer.  Someone could watch Little House on the Prairie. LOL  And not because I ever lived on a prairie or because I don't use and enjoy modern conveniences, but because I just like the family oriented and Christian values the show portrayed.  Ma was always busy baking, cooking, cleaning, or reading her Bible.  And raised her kids with grace and wisdom and with a firm foundation based on the Bible.  She was always selfless.  NOW I don't think this was how I was, lol. (only in my dreams) It was just what inspired me and what I TRIED to copy.  These days praise music is playing most of the day, but years ago it was Country.  Still enjoy Country music, but just don't turn it on like I used to.

6.  Insert your random thought....My mind right now is focused on getting all the materials together that I need to help my grand daughter Lindsey create a toy she needs to have as part of her final in a child development elective class she is taking.  It is to be a sensory toy.  She had a couple of good ideas so we are running with that.  I LOVE things like this.  She asked her teacher yesterday if she could use her grandma's embroidery machine for the project and got a thumbs up, so that will make things fun and easy.  Letting my grand daughter help operate the machine might take a little more effort, lol.  Hopefully we can get it done in a night as it's due next Wednesday.

Hope you all have a wonderful rest of your week!  Blessings to you all!  Debbie


8 comments:

  1. That sounds like a fun project you will be doing with your granddaughter, Debbie! And the pictures of your home are just beautiful. Only in my wildest dreams would our home ever look that nice. Good thought about Little House on the Prairie. These were interesting questions this week, as they usually are. I'm enjoying seeing people's answers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home is beautiful , Debbie, like I said you are still tops in my book as far as grandmother! I so enjoyed reading about your likes and dislikes! Have a Happy and blessed Wednesday!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debbie...I really enjoyed reading your answers. Your living room and bedroom are really pretty and very much the same color combo as mine...it looks very comfortable as well! I am with you on #5...I never tire of watching Little House reruns. It is truly as shame they don't make shows like that anymore, isn't it? Enjoy the rest of your week and have a great Memorial Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still enjoy the Little House reruns. One year we were on a beach trip with another family and it rained for two solid days and I remember we all watched Little House episodes. On the third day the sun came out and we were all kind of wishing we could just hang inside and keep watching : ) Back before On Demand of course! The walls in my house are called Canvas Tan and it's so livable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm visiting your page because your blog was listed adjacent to mine on Joyce's Hodgepodge site list. I'm with you on the arthritic knees thing. It curtails my activity more than I like, but that's life. I am very much impressed that you have 13 grandchildren. What a blessing. Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Little House on the Prairie? 🤓 I know you from reading your blog!

    You have a lovely home and your bedroom looks wonderful as if it is a real place of rest and relaxation.
    Mine looks like a place for everything that I don't know what to do with. 😏

    🏄🏼‍♀️ This is what you did? Riding waves? Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbie, I re-watched all of the Little House and Waltons when I was recovering from surgery a couple of years ago. We need more family shows. I think you and I are both over thinkers and it would be fun to meet and talk with you. Your answers are always similar to mine. I'm okay with being on the beach, but don't like thinking about being in the ocean anymore. I think you did very well on the being a woman question! You are living the dream!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's been a while since I last visited some of my favorite blogs. It's fun to catch up. I am always amazed at how you are able to sew so many beautiful gifts for your grandchildren. I still think you ought to open your own Etsy shop but you're probably too busy keeping up with your own family. I like wholesome shows too. The Walton's was one of my favorites. Country music and Christian ... me too!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad that you would take the time to comment on my thoughts and feelings, it is such a blessing to me!