Tuesday, September 1, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHN...

33 years ago today, September 1, 1976 John Joel Class made his appearance into this world and my life was changed forever more.

My labor with John was quick, easy and "almost" painless. Even though he weighed in a 9 and half pounds, he came so fast Jeff had to point frantically to the doc what was happening, or John would have landed right on the floor, haha

John was my baby who NEVER slept at all during the day. And I mean even little cat naps seemed to be out of the question. He did sleep the entire night through at 6 weeks, but his day began at 6 and he was on the move. He had an older brother whom he followed around and imitated, which meant he did most things really early. John from the time he was really young had an exceptional memory and talked at a very early age. And no baby talk for him. He'd say flat out what he wanted, haha...At 3 years of age he could recite an ENTIRE book, (Lady and the Tramp) from memory, giving every character that talked (both animals and humans) a different voice and accent. It really was unbelievable. We had a record (with a follow along book) that he had listened to enough to know it that well. We actually did get it on tape, and if I was an accomplished blogger I would put it on here for all to hear. John excelled in school getting straight A's (again do to that photographic memory) and unfortunately was often bored despite the teachers best efforts, and quickly learned to pass the time by developing a fantastic sense of humor. He often had the entire class in stitches, including the teachers, much to their horror, haha. John developed asthma as a very young kid and spent a great deal of his childhood on medications, emergency room visits, and finally allergy shots for almost two years. He finally did out grow the worst of it, but John didn't really get as involved in sports as he might have as too much exertion could bring on an attack, not to mention the ones he was interested in were played on grass which he is highly allergic to. He did however make varsity football his sophomore year in high school (he simply carried his inhaler in his pocket) and with his dad as the line coach we all enjoyed his high school football years enormously. At 6' 3" John is a REALLY big guy and could have maybe played college ball like his dad, (daddy played for Nebraska) but I don't think he ever really had the heart for it quite like he did. Right after high school John got a job up in Hollywood working for one of the best Graphic Designers in the movie business. They design the standees (sp?) you see in the movie theaters. He along with two college graduates were working for this designer that summer with the purpose of one of them going on to work full time with this company eventually. John was really only hired on that summer as he had shown a real creative artistic ability, and had a dream and a desire to learn, and it didn't hurt that his dad was really good friends with this artist either, haha...However, by the end of the summer, John was the one this man wanted to hire on as his young protege over the college grads. He felt John had not only great potential, but a God given ability to create and design which of course is not something you can learn. You either possess this ability or you don't. What you decide to do with it is of course the question. Anyway, the rest is history. John has made a very good living working for this man and company, and has either designed himself or assisted on some of the biggest movies around. The Harry Potter series, Spiderman, and Benjamin Button are some I can think of off the top of my head. John has also done some stand up comedy and impersonations (which he is REALLY good at) in some night clubs where is quite simply hilarious, and is also a writer and has almost finished his first novel this summer. John has been married to Jennifer for 7 years now, and they don't have any children. John is a smart man and has read almost everything he can get his hands on for years, and retains what he has read like few others I have ever known. His quick wit and dry sense of humor have kept our family entertained for years. His nieces and nephews love Uncle Johnny, and while I'll admit to being a tad prejudice, I think John has MUCH more to contribute to this world with his writing. I enjoy talking with John and have enjoyed so many long conversations over the years with him I could never count them up. I love him with all of my heart and wish him a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! May the Lord bless you and keep you always....mom

3 comments:

  1. Very nice.

    However, I don't think I ever got straight A's past elementary school. But nice embelleshment, I'll take it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie!
    I am so thrilled that you found my blog, and that you visited. When I popped over here and read I knew I had to follow this blog. Now get this, my first son TJ (He had his 33rd birthday Aug. 21st) and he weighed 9 pounds and 3 ounces when he was born. You are a Nebraska fan, I am from Oklahoma and am a Big OU Fan. We had more in common than you even realized. Oh I am so thrilled that we finally were brought together. We have been going through so much with my neice Amy Dawn (33). She is in the final stages of cancer. They brought in Hospice 2 days ago and our family has so hung on to our faith in God through this all. It has been a long journey and we are so praying for peace in Amys live. She was first diagnosed with cancer when she was 10 years old. This has been ongoing with different types of cancer for 23 years. This one will be her final journey, they gave her a permanent tracheotomy and a (peg) feeding tube just to keep her alive, and the tumor has grown from her tongue, to her jaw, to her spine. It is inoperable, and no more chemo or radiation. The tumor is to large. Please pray for our family Debbie. We so need prayers. My sisters name is Debbie and her blog is There's An Angel On My Frontporch. She hasn't had much time to blog, she has been taking care of Amy, but it is beautiful place to visit. Stop by soon. I have so enjoyed visiting with you. Please feel free to follow my blog as well. Country hugs and love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. DEAR DEBBIE,
    WELL, I JUST CAME TO YOUR BLOG AND MY SISTER COMMENTED ABOVE ME.
    I JOINED YOUR BLOG. I AM 54 YEARS OLD. I HAVE 2 CHILDREN...MY DAUGHTER AMY IS 33 YEARS OLD, A 7/6/76 BABY. MY SON SOUNDS JUST LIKE YOUR SON. RICHIE TOOK DRAMA ALL THROUGH HIGH SCHOOL AND COLLEGE AND HAS BEEN IN LOCAL THEATER PLAYS AND SHAKESPEARE IN THE PARK. HE IS MARRIED TO A SCHOOL TEACHER AND I HAVE NO GRANDCHILDREN. I JUST HAVE FUR GRANDCHILDREN....2 YORKIES, A GREAT DANE, A CHICHUA, A SCHAUZNER AND A MIX PLUS I HAVE 2 CATS AND A SCHAUZNER AND THEY ALL GET ALONG WHEN THEY COME TO VISIT. I WOULD LOVE GRANDCHILDREN.
    I USE TO BLOG A LOT BUT AMY HAS GOTTEN SO ILL THAT I CANNOT BLOG THE WAY I USE TO SO I DON'T HAVE AS MANY VISITORS TO MY BLOG BUT THERE ARE MANY, MANY PRAYING FOR AMY.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JOHN.......MAY HE HAVE THE HAPPIEST BIRTHDAY EVER.
    I NEVER TAKE A DAY FOR GRANTED. EACH ONE IS A BLESSING.
    IT IS SO VERY, VERY NICE TO MEET YOU.
    COME BACK AND SEE ME.
    ANGEL HUGS
    debbie

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad that you would take the time to comment on my thoughts and feelings, it is such a blessing to me!