Tuesday, January 12, 2010
A ONE TIME ONLY AWARD
Well I have given quite a bit of thought to this, and I have decided I am going to accept this "one" award from my friend Kristi over at RUSH HOUR. I don't usually accept awards for a number of reasons, the biggest one being, though it may not look like it (I gets LOTS of help from many different people) I am somewhat "computer challenged" and completing the various different linking back and forth requirements etc. etc. stresses me, and also because I don't like to single out which blogs I particularly enjoy by passing them on, when I sooo enjoy them ALL for many, very different reasons. But having said all this, I decided to accept Kristi's, though I am not completely sure how to even copy it and get over here to my blog. (like I said, somewhat slow on this stuff, lol) And the reason I am is because I feel like if it weren't for Kristi, I wouldn't be a blogger today, and for me, blogging has become a way of life I not only just flat out enjoy, but a way to meet new people and be challenged and inspired in ways I had no idea were even possible. I have ALWAYS loved to write, and I had heard of blogging and bloggers, but I really had NO IDEA what was involved. I began following hers (secretly) for a few months after I discovered it after ordering one of her delicious cakes that you can find HERE. I finally decided I would try one of my own. Somehow I managed to get one together and began posting. Now the writing part is easy. I just type from my heart. But the designing and decorating and the gadgets and pictures and links and all that is involved has taken me MONTHS AND MONTHS to figure out and somewhat handle, and I still struggle. In fact, I "somehow" changed the template I have got going now, and have no idea what to do to change it back. I may be walking in winter wonderland (even though I live in sunny California) for a LONG LONG time, haha. I finally began to follow some of Kristi's other blogs (when I figured out you could do that from her posted blog list) and met some truly wonderful people. For a few more months I followed their blogs till I finally began commenting etc., which has resulted in getting to know Kris, Maryrose, and Genn. I can't tell you how much I have come to care about these women and their lives. They are such a blessing to me. But today, let me tell you about Kristi. She is a beautiful young mother of two DARLING little girls, and is one of the hardest working, productive women I have come across in a long time. She works FULL TIME out of her home while taking care of her daughters, AND operates a very successful cake/cookie decorating business as well. Her cakes are truly works of art and unbelievable yummy too. I have ordered soo many I have lost track, and have received numerous compliments on her cakes (like I did anything other than order it) every single time I have bought one. You really do need to check out her blog YOUR SUGAR RUSH, and see for yourself. She is sweet, generous, funny, and her blog entertains me every time I visit. Her blog BTW is as creatively designed as she does everything else, and she designed it herself. She helped me get mine together once when I went to "stretch", but I have messed it up and of course cannot find her carefully typed out instructions..(see # 6 below, haha) Oh, and I orginally discovered her cakes and cookies as she is the best friend of my niece Crystal. Sooo now, I will now attempt to follow along on the rules of this award which is to list 7 random facts about myself you probably don't know....even though as I was thinking about this all morning, and wondering IF I can even come up with 7, haha
1. I come from a large family where there are 6 kids whose names all begin with D....Diane, Debbie, David, Danae, Dean and Donna. My mom would get soo confused at times we were often called combinations of the various different names...haha Mine was frequently Di-ebra...How we knew this was me, instead of my sister Diane, I'm not sure, we just knew.
2. I am a fanatic when it comes to vacuuming. Why, I am really not sure. I just like that freshly vacuumed look. When my living room has been freshly done, I don't allow people to walk through it from the front door to the kitchen. That way you don't "see" footprints, the carpet stays really clean, and I always have a room that is company ready, even though I seldom have company. This drove all of my kids crazy, but it was my rule.
3. I play the piano fairly well. I have NEVER done anything with it though. I could have studied, practiced, and learned to "do" something with it (such as played at church or something) but I just chose not to for some reason. I play occasionally for my own enjoyment as it helps me to relax, and it does give me an outlet for stress. My kids STILL beg me occasionally to play.
4. I LOVED the movie Gone with the Wind for a number of reasons, but the biggest one being I just so enjoyed the love story between Scarlett and Rhett, and have collected MANY fun collectibles from it over the years.
5. I am somewhat "afraid" of my house cleaner. I have known and loved this wonderful woman for 20 years, but she is just kind of scary. Maybe it is because she is one of the rare women in my life who is not afraid to yell at me, haha See number 6 to know one of the reasons why.
6. I just can't keep an organized closet. I'm not sure what my problem is. My house "appears" to be neat, tidy, and organized at all times. Again, see number 2. But if you open ANY closet door, there is no telling what might be in there.
7. I am a VERY competitive woman at times, haha. I have always told everyone that my children get their competiveness from their dad, but I think they "may" have gotten some of it from me as well. I have recently beaten not only my husband, but all 3 of my highly athletic sons, at bowling on our Wii. Sooo fun. And me with my arthritic knees guys...
OK, there you have it. 7 VERY random facts about me you might have been better off not knowing. I am not going to pass this award on to any other bloggers as WAY too many of you have BEAUTIFUL blogs as well and I could never chose just 7. HOWEVER, if anyone wants to post 7 random facts about themselves, this was really pretty fun, so please go right ahead. And we might get to know you a little better too.
at 1:46 PM