Thursday, July 22, 2010

MY THANKFUL HEART

Col 3:15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful.

I haven't done a Thankful Thursday post in a while, but it certainly isn't because my heart has not been thankful.  There has just been soo much going on in the last couple of months it has been hard to find the time.  But I promised myself that today it was happening, even if it didn't get posted until the end of the day.  Well, here it is only7:15 (as I start this anyway) and I am all ready to go.  There is just soo much recently that I am thankful for it is hard to know where to start.  Do I mention the biggies like how grateful I am for my family and friends?  Because as I sit here looking around at my new home my gratitude for my sisters and all they did to help me can hardly be described.  Or maybe it should be my husband who has proven to me with everything we have been through these last couple of months that I am soo blessed in the husband department that I feel guilty sometimes...like maybe he didn't fare quite as well as I did....Or maybe I could talk about my new house and how happy I already am with my new surroundings.  Everything just seems soo much easier here.  I did several loads of laundry yesterday (finally all caught up ~ YAY) and it was soo nice to have an indoor laundry room where it was nice and cool and was only a few steps away from my bedroom where I could put everything away in neatly organized drawers AND the most spacious closet anyone has ever seen.  Seriously, it is the size of an ordinary bedroom, haha.  Or...maybe about all of the places I have managed to find around here (OK maybe Melody told me where some of them were, haha) like the new BEAUTIFUL two story Target (love that store) or the Christian book store, Party City, Michaels, Bed, Bath & Beyond, & SEVERAL yummy restaurants just to name a few.  I did find a new Jenny Craig center and have an appointment for first thing Monday morning.  I took a brief break what with the surgery and the move, but it is back to business next week.  Or then there was the 6 day Melody visit.  How I enjoyed her even if we were pretty busy with the shower and all.  We had our morning cups of coffee chatting away like always, and even got to celebrate her birthday coming up this Sat. with dinner at Taps.  It is her favorite restaurant and just happens to be about 5 minutes from our house now.  I am going through the usual "Mel withdrawals" as she went home Tues. afternoon, but I know her hubby was waiting anxiously for her and I am soo grateful she is able to come as often as she does.  I might mention that I am going to see some of my grandkids today and I am downright excited about that.  I have just not seen as much of them as I would like recently. But we have got the WHOLE day today, and Grandma can't wait.  Or maybe I could talk about the fact that my son Jimmy is doing the Sunday morning services at his church this Sunday.  Such a privilege.  He is being asked more and more to do the services in the "big" church.  Who knows what the Lord might have in mind for him.  We will go down for the 10:30 service and then lunch with them afterwards and hang out for a while.  We have not seen these grandkids in almost two months (I did get see sweet Capri at the shower, but not for nearly long enough) and Grandpa and I are almost giddy.  You can catch him live Sunday morning for either the 8:30 or 10:30 service at maranthachapel.orghttp://maranathachapel.org/  It is somewhat overwhelming when he does a Sunday morning (makes my heart beat soo fast) as literally thousands of people attend this church, but the Lord seems to really bless his efforts.  And then of course there is always my gratitude that I seem to be back to my old self.  Took longer than I would have liked, but my energy is back and I am feeling good.  I am soo grateful of course as well that I did not have to do anything else for treatment.  Soo grateful.  I could go on and on, but I will stop here.  I have a few things I need to get done BEFORE I can go and play with my grandkids and I am anxious to get started.  But I would be remiss if I didn't mention my gratitude as always for a God who loves us and cherishes us and keeps us all in the palm of His mighty hand.  Hope you are all enjoying your summer.  Take just a moment or two today and count your blessings, you will sooo bless yourself if you do.  Check out the other grateful hearts HERE...http://unequalmarriage.typepad.com/

Psalm 17:8 Keep me as the apple of Your eye; Hide me under the shadow of Your wings,

10 comments:

  1. Debbie - the gratitude (and excitment) is so evident in your post...and it is downright contagious. I have been "dragging" a bit today and honestly thought I should skip Thankful Thursday - but you are so right...there is just SO much to be thanking the Lord for! I just love your posts, love your spirit and your testimony - so wish I could sit and share morning coffee and chat the morning away with you!!

    Have a wonderful weekend - especially with those precious ones:) And SO HAPPY that you said you are feeling like your old self again! Praises:)

    Thanks for the lift, friend. Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed this post and am blessed by your blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are feeling well again and loving your new home! I'm a little jealous of your 2 story Target! Seriously, that sounds awesome! God probably knows I'd waste way too much time and money in a 2 story Target, so that's why I just have the regular 1 story kind near me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Deb. Enjoy your grands!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How very exciting to get to see your son Jimmy preach in such a large church. I'm sure your mama's heart swells with gratitude to have him serving the Lord.

    I'm glad to see you're progressing well after your surgery and also the move.

    Blessings and love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back to Thankful Thursday.
    My oh my, you have sure been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Certainly much to be grateful for! Enjoy your time with your grandkids Debbie. And I am so glad you are feeling better. Hooray!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't thankfulness good for the spirit and soul? I am rejoicing in your thankfulness as my mind floods me with all of mine...thanks for sharing and reminding me of all the goodness God gives! Enjoy those grandkids!!!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad that you would take the time to comment on my thoughts and feelings, it is such a blessing to me!