1. Spring is in the air (at least in my neck of the woods) and the birds are singing...what's your favorite bird? I LOVE to listen to the birds sing. LOVE IT....I sit in my chair here in the morning by several windows and listen almost every morning while I have my devotional time. Even with the windows shut (though they are wide open today ~ soo gorgeous out this morning!) I can hear them quite plainly. I have no idea what kind of birds are doing the singing....However, I do love a canary. I owned one once for a while, and how I enjoyed it. But my favorite bird doesn't even sing....at least I don't think it does anyway, haha....It is the Hummingbird. Soo little and delicate and perfect. I have a feeder on my front porch which attracks them soo well, and I love it when they come to visit and eat.
2. Speaking of birds...do you tweet? If so tell us your screen name and we'll come flocking to your Twitter site. Even if you don't let's all pretend here that we do-in 140 characters or less, sum up your week so far. Don't tweet. In fact, use a cell phone as little as I possibly can, haha.... My week has been spent trying to settle on decisions concerning my parents. : )
3. Its been reported recently that employers are not only viewing the facebook pages of potential hires but they're also requesting your facebook password to have a look at what you've kept from public view. What say you? I did just hear this recently, and I have not honestly given it a whole lot of thought. I think though it seems ridiculous to think that they should have your password to "see" what you keep private. Isn't that the point of the word private? I don't know. Everything just seems way too electronic and tech anymore to me. I don't like the idea of anyone having access to my personal pictures, messages and thoughts.....weird and kind of scary
4. It's April and you know what that means-Major League Baseball is back in action. What's your favorite baseball movie? If that's too hard, what's your favorite sports themed movie? I absolutely LOVE a sport themed movie, and I have enjoyed many of them. I love "League of Your Own". It is the one about the girl baseball players during the war. I also love Hooisers, though that is about basketball. Honestly, ANY sport themed movie and I am usually thoroughly entertained.
5. Something else this season brings-asparagus. Yes please or no thanks? If it's yes please what's your favorite way to have it prepared? I LOVE asparagus, but it is one of the RARE veggies my hubby doesn't care for so I don't prepare it often. I will order it when we are out though if it is offered. I like it grilled on a bbq.
6. What drives you? (Don't you love how I sandwiched that one in between asparagus and jugglers???) In have had to give this a lot more thought than you might think....What does drive me? I guess it just depends. But at this stage and time and season in my life, my relationship with the Lord is at the top of my list. I want to know Him in a deeper and more meaningful way, and I find myself in constant search for how to accomplish this. I am also somewhat obsessed with wanting everyone I know to know Him too. And so again I find myself dwelling and planning and thinking on how to better spread this to everyone I know. I guess other things often occupy my thoughts and dreams etc, but I don't know if you could describe it as really being driven for any of them. Sometimes it does kind of bother me that I am not driven by more. Like I need to accomplish more. Be more. Do you know what I mean?
7. April 18th is International Jugglers Day...can you juggle? haha....I am lucky I do the things I have to do to get around, let alone "juggle" anything! lol
8. Insert your own random thought here. My niece Jessica's husband's father died quite suddenly Monday morning. He was only 65 years old and in perfect health. Retired a couple of years ago and was enjoying his life with his wife of 35 years. It has made me think DEEPLY these last couple of days of how we just never know the day our lives are going to be required of us. Tomorrow is promised to no one. A clean bill of health doesn't always mean a heart attack (or accident or whatever) is not waiting for us the very next day. We must be ready to meet our eternity at any time. My heart goes out to this whole family as they were a close and loving one.