Wednesday, February 12, 2014
Well believe it or not it's Wednesday already, and time for Hodgepodge...to join the other's participating, you can click HERE.
1. What makes love last? Well, I think it is a lot of things I guess. Being married for 39 years there are some things I can say I think are important for sure. Love is a choice. You decide everyday how you are going act, and what you are going to do. You don't always "feel" love. Sometimes love is difficult, and sometimes it is the easiest thing in the world. But no matter how you are feeling, love is a decision you make and vow to stick to. I believe love is an action. Putting time into any relationship is essential. Trust, mutual respect, and loyalty are all important. Honesty, communication, and lots of laughter are all key things too. It's honestly treating the other person the way you want to be treated. It's being of like minds. Enjoying the same things, and wanting the same out of life, and at the same time encouraging and leaving room for the other to enjoy what you really don't. Just being best friends so to speak. I guess for me personally, one of the most important part of my relationship is having Christ at it's center. He has a way of keeping us on track and centered.
2. The Beatles made the US debut fifty years ago this week. Are you a fan? If so, what's your favorite Beatles tune? Yes, I have always loved the Beatles. I have MANY favorites. Some of those might be Can't buy me love, Hey Jude, Michelle, and soo many others that escape me right now.
3. Valentine's Day - your thoughts? Do you celebrate in any way? Do anything special for the people you love? Expect anything special from the people who love you? Have ALWAYS loved Valentine's Day and have always celebrated in one way or another. Some years we have made a big deal out of it, and others years we have kept it very low key. But it's always celebrated. When my kids were growing up they always got candy and gift as well. I started out sending things to my grandkids, but sadly don't always do that anymore. All in all I think it is a fun day and fun time, but don't have it all that huge I guess. These days most of ours are pretty low keyed,.
4. Steak or burger...you have to choose. Now that that's settled, how do you like it? Totally depends on my mood as I LOVE both. Right now I am not the least bit hungry so I could go either way. Guess I will go with steak. And I love mine medium with not a lot of extras. Bbq'd and juicy soo good.
5. The Hodgepodge lands on the birthdate (February 12th) of Abraham Lincoln, 16th president of the United States of America. Lincoln is quoted as saying, "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test his character give him power." Do you agree? Why or why not? I agree. To have the ability to lead and truly care for others, as someone in authority needs to do, takes a selfless person who is not affected by his power to do so. Power has a way of going to ones head, and it's the rare person who is unaffected by that I am sad to say.
6. Honest Abe's image is featured on the US penny (1 cent coin) so I'm wondering...what do you do with your pennies (or your country's equivalent)? It's been suggested the US stop making the penny, and two bills have been introduced proposing just that, but neither were approved. What say you? Honestly, I soo rarely use actual cash anymore for anything I rarely even have much change at all. When I have too much (which I don't remember the last time, lol) we put our change into a jar in the closet on a shelf where hubby eventually turns it in for money when there is a decent amount in the jar. Haven't given any thought at all to the stopping of the making of pennies. Don't know what I think about that.
7. Do you think pop culture deserves serious study? Serious study? I guess my answer to that would be while I find it both interesting and entertaining sometimes I don't know that it deserves serious study.I think there is things we can learn from this, but again, don't know if I'd say serious.
8. Insert your own random thoughts here. Well right now as I type this my head is full of the fact that I am excited to have my sewing area somewhat re-vamped and re-arranged. First of all my hubby was able to rig my old sewing cabinet so that it as least holds my machine while I sew for now. It no longer goes up and down and I have to lift it out and put it on the table to change the bobbin and clean and oil it. And if I want to add the embroidery attachment it has to be done on the table so it is far from ideal. But it does buy me time to decide what a more permanent solution might be. And! my sister Danae came over today to help me out. She is the mother of the niece I am doing all the sewing for and she wanted to do something for me in return. Well, one of her strongest skills (and not mine for sure,lol) is organization. She worked ALL DAY while I sewed away, rearranging my storage drawers and closet full of fabrics and tools and notions and moved a small drawer cabinet next to my sewing machine and everything is soo clean and orderly I am almost afraid to touch it for fear I will mess it up again. I am almost giddy. Thank you sooo much Danae!
Hope you are all having a GOOD week. Blessings to you all! Debbie
at 12:00 AM