Wednesday, March 5, 2014
I had every intention of not playing along with the Hodgepodge today as I have MANY things to do, but just couldn't resist, and I woke up pretty early, so here I am. You can join the others HERE. It really is pretty fun, so you should consider joining in. Thank you Joyce, for all of your diligent work on this...
1. The expression "mad as a March hare" originated with a fictional character who is distracted and frantic. When were you last "mad as a March hare" and what was it that made you that way? Well, I am frequently frantic I am sad to sad. I'd love to say I am mellow and kick back and roll right along with the punches, but it just isn't me. HOWEVER, while I am frantic, I am not easily distracted. I focus in and "frantically" do what I have to, so don't know (never read the book!) if I am like a "March hare" or not. As I was thinking about this (which I, as usual, have probably done too much of for this question) I am both a long term frantic, and a short term frantic at times. I will give you an example....Long term? I have been frantically working on my sewing projects for this coming nephew of mine for almost 2 months now. Sewing and working like a frantic woman...not sure why. And a short term frantic was I misplaced my keys yesterday. Not something I usually do btw. They are kept in my purse, and that is where they ALWAYS are. But as I was ready to leave to do my hair yesterday they were not there. I was needing to leave RIGHT THAT MINUTE and I frantically began digging through places they might have been to find them with my hair on fire. I HATE being late. I finally found them (buried under a pile of fabric scrapes....don't know how!) and I scurried our the door. Reading this it makes me look like I don't relax or kick back, and again, soo not me. I frantically do that with the best of them too. I'd better not take this long on all of these questions, or I'll be frantic again today. : )
2. Mardi Gras this year falls on Tuesday, March 4th. Have you ever been to Mardi Gras, and if so what did you think? If not, do you have any interest in going? Purple, green, and gold are the colors of Mardi Gras. Which one is most prevalent in your wardrobe? How about in your home? OK, this can be quick...Never been, and NO desire. I wear LOTS of green. In almost every shade. And lots of pale olive green in my home.
3. Are you old fashioned? Oh no...another thought provoking one, haha. I guess I'd call me a combination of both. I DO love "some" of the new technology and when I can work it quickly I am ALL OVER it. I do finally own an I-Phone (though I did fight it...not sure why) and have been known to have 2 or 3 "frantic" text messages going WHILE frantically sewing and cooking dinner in my microwave, lol. However, I am old fashioned when it comes to family values, manners and modesty, and I still prefer a good book that I can handle and mark in and smell, then a Kindle. I love a MODERN and up to date hair style and outfit, and yet I LOVE an old fashioned classic piece of jewelry. Yep, a definite combination.
4. Do you carefully plan your vacations, or do you prefer the days to be more spontaneous? I guess I am a combo here too. I carefully plan out some parts of it....dates of when we will be gone, method of getting there, my packed necessities, where we will stay etc. But once I am there I roll with the wind pretty easily.
5. March is National Sauce Month...what's your favorite sauce, and what do you most often top with this sauce? Well I'd like to say I am not one much for sauces, but I do love lots of them. I don't actually make many myself though. I guess my favorite would be a good Alfredo sauce that I love over shrimp, broccoli and linguine. However, I do not have it very often as it is rich, fattening, and can keep me awake at night.
6. What's something that easily brings a tear to your eye? Well, I honestly don't think I am an overly emotional person. Crying is something I do in private. HOWEVER, lots of things bring a quick tear to my eye. Certain commercials believe it or not, those soldier reunions get me every time, sometimes even a good praise song can get to me, and certain pictures of my mom still do too.
7. If you could own any sports team, which one would it be and why? Well talk about something I have NO interest in or desire for, lol, this would be it. And not because I don't enjoy sports because I certainly do. But it just seems like it would be a life style of stress and face paced nightmares I couldn't bear. But if I had to pick I guess I'd go with the San Diego Chargers. Sorry Melody!
8. Insert your own random thought here...Well certainly never have any problem with random thoughts. Harder times just pulling one out. Guess for today it will be that I still have LOTS to do, but I am officially done with the sewing, and it is a good feeling. I am soo grateful for my new machine, and the ease it has made for doing the things I enjoy soo much. And yet, I am looking forward to a break, and time spent "kicked back" and enjoying my family.
Hope you all are having a good week! Blessings to you all!
at 5:02 AM