It's time for the Hodgepodge and I decided to jump on and join the fun. You can too! Join the others here...
1. Do you manage your own money or do you have a financial planner who helps in some way?Do those kinds of conversations stress you out? A lot or a little? Well I have a feeling I might be alone in this answer, but no, we do not have a financial planner. Probably one of those things we SHOULD have done years ago, but just never did. Everything financial stresses me out to some degree. Hubby and I have traded places over the years handling our money situations, but he has taken care of all of this for the last 3 years or so. It's definitely something I appreciate.
2. The second week of October is Pet Peeve week. Off the top of your head share TWO of your current pet peeves. OK, well let's see.....In California it is hard not to have pet peeves about the way some (too many!) people drive. But I especially
3. What is one thing you'd like to learn right now, this very week if you could? Well, it seems like I am watching one tutorial or another practically everyday when it comes to various different quilting techniques. But if I am dreaming here...then I would say I'd LOVE to know how to run one of those huge, long armed quilting machines. Wouldn't that be fun?
4. How concerned are you about the health related news concerning Ebola? How about Enterovirus D68? Well I guess I am concerned about the Enterovirus in particular as it affects the young ones and I have soo many grandchildren to think about. Plus it just hurts my heart to hear about the ones who are already suffering with it. I think there needs to be some way to get needed information out to the general public WITHOUT creating mass panic.
5. Garfield, Nemo, or Tiger...your favorite orange cartoon character? Well, I guess I kind of like them all, lol. But I would go for Tiger. His happy go lucky personality is hard to resist.
6 I am going to see Gone Girl with my neighborhood book club this week. So often books made into film are disappointing. What's a book turned film you thought was well done, in that the casting was like you pictured when you read the book, and the film plot remains mostly true to the book plot? Well let's face it, Clark Gable was DEFINITELY Rhett Butler that's for sure, lol. However it always bothered me that they left the fact that Scarlett had two other children from each of her previous marriages out of the movie, lol. I think the Help did a fantastic job of following the book however. Loved it!
7. What is one story your family always tells about you? Only 1? lol If we are talking about my sisters and brothers then it is probably the fact that I was fascinated with Indians (yes, Indians) when I was young, and told everyone I was the daughter of an Indian chief for quite a while. But my kids have MANY. The one they tell the most is where I was out to eat with a couple of them and I was VERY distracted by the noise, the confusion of the place, the fact that Melody was in the middle of telling me something I was trying to pay attention to, and I had ordered a salad. Apparently, (I still wonder if she really said this!) she asked me what kind of salad dressing I wanted and I told her, "lettuce". What was weird was why I even said that, lol. I thought she asked me what salad I wanted. Everyone looked at me as if I'd finally lost my mind, and we all burst into laughter. I could tell a few more, but thankfully you did say just one.
8. Insert your own random thought here....Just busy thinking about all I have to do today. Sometimes I think I am right on course to get everything done, and then I have a day like I did yesterday where it took me 3 hours to design and embroider out the label for the wedding quilt. Goodness sooo many things went wrong. But I did like the way it turned out finally. Then I got busy on some PJ's. Needed something mindless after that.
Hope you all have a wonderful day! Blessings to you all, Debbie