Friday, February 12, 2016

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY, SOME CUTE VALENTINES, AND THIS WEEKS WORK!



This Sunday is Valentine’s Day and I imagine literally millions of people will celebrate this day with flowers, candy, cards, and gifts. Red and pink hearts, Cupid’s with bows and arrows, and sweet little Teddy Bears have been stocked on the shelves of our stores since the Christmas clearance items were also being displayed. I have always loved this holiday, and this year is no different. I tried to set our wedding date for Feb. 14th, thinking what a perfect day to celebrate with a marriage ceremony; however it seems way too many others had this thought before I did, as the church was already completely booked. We settled on the first of February and yet every year for 41 years we have had somewhat of a combination celebration of these two days. For me the short month of February has always gone hand in hand with thoughts of romance and love. 

In Scripture we are told that God IS love…

1John 4:7-8 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. He who does not love does not know God, for God is love. 

In the world we all live in, love is usually thought of in the way I have described above. Moonlit walks, candlelight dinners and romantic celebrations come to our minds. And yet REAL love that comes only from God is really very different. God loves us all in a perfect and everlasting way. In this passage of scripture, John’s emphasis on love among the people of God is powerful. Here, he shows why it is so important. If love is of God, then those who claim to be born of God, and claim to know God, must be able to love one another in the body of Christ. Again, John insists here that there is something that is given to the believer when they are born of God; a love is imparted to their life that they did not have before. Christians are not “just forgiven”, they are born anew by God’s Spirit. John is saying when we really experience God it will show by our love for one another. Of course, this love is not perfected in the life of a Christian on this side of eternity. Though it may not be perfected, it must be present ~ and it should be growing. You can’t truly grow in your experience of God without also growing love for one another. John can boldly say, “He who does not love does not know God.” If there isn’t real love for God’s people in our life, then our claim to know God and experience God just isn’t true. 

My prayer today is that this love that God speaks of will SO fill my heart and life that there is nothing it can do BUT spill out to others around me. I so want for everyone to experience and know His love in their lives as well. HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY to you all, and may the Lord make His face to shine upon you now and always.

I will leave with you a few quick pictures of my cuties, and a couple of sewing projects from this week.


GRAND DAUGHTER DONATELLA VALENTINA WILLTURN 7 YEARS OLD ON VALENTINES DAY!  SHE CELEBRATED HER BDAY LAST NIGHT WITH HER LITTLE FRIENDS AT CHUCK E CHEESE.  WE WILL CELEBRATE WITH HER IN SOME SPECIAL WAY HOPEFULLY NEXT WEEK END.  HOW I LOVE THIS SWEET, PRECIOUS LITTLE GIRL!

SAM'S LITTLE PRE-SCHOOL CLASS HAD THIS LITTLE ADORABLE KISSING BOOTH AT THEIR VALENTINES PARTY YESTERDAY...HOW ADORABLE IS THIS?  SOO GLAD MELODY WAS ABLE TO GO AND CELEBRATE WITH HIM

MY PRECIOUS LUKE, CLAIRE, AND SAM! ALL DECKED OUT IN THEIR VALENTINE'S ATTIRE

MORE BIBS THIS WEEK.  

THIS ONE IS MY PERSONAL FAV.  I SEWED TOGETHER SOME OF THE FABRIC I GOT IN A JELLY ROLL UNTIL I HAD THE LENGTH I NEEDED FOR THE BIB AND THEN CUT IT OUT.  IT'S QUILTED AND FINISHED WITH A LACY TYPE DECORATIVE STITCH.  JUST REINFORCED THAT I LOVE THIS FABRIC AND NEED TO COME UP WITH SOMETHING TO MAKE WITH MY JELLY ROLL



GOT OUT THE EMBROIDERY ATTACHMENT AND DID THESE LITTLE NEWBORN ONESIES.  I AM GOING TO MAKE THEM BOTH A LITTLE PAIR OF LEGGINGS TO GO WITH THEM SOON

JUST A CLOSER LOOK

ANNABEL IS THINKING THIS MAY BE PART OF HER COMING HOMING HOME OUTFIT.  I THINK I WILL MAKE HER A PAIR OF WHITE KNIT LEGGINGS WITH GOLD SPARKLED POLKA DOTS TO GO WITH THIS AND A GOLD SPARKLY BOW FOR HER HEAD.  YOU CAN'T TELL IT HERE BUT THE LETTERING IS SPARKLY DONE IN THE METALLIC GOLD THREAD...SOOO FUN!




5 comments:

  1. What a sweet Valentine's post! And, such cute pics! You are one of the many reasons that I enjoy blogging. :o))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks as if the family is going to keep you in business for a while! Do you enjoy making clothing for older children? Claire could keep you busy for a good long while. Ever make wedding gowns? ☺ Love those bibs...the most elegant and stylish of any I've seen. Have a wonderful Valentine's Day Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute, cute! Especially the kissing booth!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Cuties are precious, Debbie, Happy 7th Birthday to Donnatella, as always I enjoy seeing what your gifted hands create!
    Hope your Valentine's Day , and anniversary celebration was filled with many blessings!
    Love from me to you,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have the cutest grandchildren, love all the photos

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad that you would take the time to comment on my thoughts and feelings, it is such a blessing to me!